Thursday, January 14, 2010


19 comments:

jen said...

egg whites, english muffin, sauteed broccoli rabe with garlic, side of cilantro salsa and a half a grapefruit.

Tracy (Amuse-bouche for Two) said...

...and coffee. :)

I would be happy eating this breakfast.

maya said...

i keep forgetting to pick up some broccoli rabe! ever since you started having it, i have been wanting it! :) looks yummiii and grapefruits are so pretty! beautiful colors and composition <3

xx
maya

Rachael said...

I think I need to replicate this breakfast exactly...it looks so yummy and energizing.

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Is this a wooden spoon? Love it!

isabelle said...

It would be a perfect lunch too!!!

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

This reminds me...I still haven't bought grapefruits. Darn. Today!

Anonymous said...

This looks so pretty! And delicious! And I absolutely adore that coffee mug. Your table and those dishes and such look so home-y and comforting. =D

Irene said...

yum yum yum

Anne Zimmerman said...

This is what I want for LUNCH!

Bev said...

Nom nom nom nom nommm :)
makng me hungry!!

Bev said...

Nom nom nom nom nommm :)
makng me hungry!!

liz said...

i'm jealous of your photography and cooking skills. Everytime I look at your blog I wish I lived in your kitchen. It looks so rustically beautiful and serene.

Punctuation Mark said...

great pictures... love the simplicity of your blog but very expressive!!!

Catarina said...

I had never tasted a grapefruit until today. I'm always open to try new flavors and after seeing your latest breakfasts I decided to try it. Don't know why, I thought it was sweeter than orange, but I found it insanely acid! And I can handle acidity on food pretty well, but that grapefruit I ate... Did you put anything on yours or ate it natural? Or do you think that I just had bad luck with the grapefruit I picked? I'm so intrigued...! Despite that, I love the way this breakfast looks, along with all of the others actually...!

jen said...

catarina,
they are pretty tart! some people like them with honey or a teaspoon of sugar on them. i like them plain, but i guess it's an aquired taste. if you get a pink or ruby red grapefruit, they are a bit sweeter. glad you tried it!

Catarina said...

Well thank you so much for the enlightening! I'll see if I eat a pinker one next time and then I'll let you know if it got any better! If not, I guess i'll stick with the teaspoon of sugar, or persist on eating it plain 'till I it grows on me, like coffee without sugar!

abigail grove said...

where do you find your wooden spoons? i have noticed several small ones in your breakfast photographs.

jen said...

abigail,
i usually pick them up at asian grocery stores, although i have also seen some small ones at crate and barrel.