I started subscribing to Gourmet when I was 27 -- food went from being "a necessity" to "an event", something to plan for, to study, to appreciate (especially as I finally paid off my student loanm and could afford more than Ramen and pb&j).
Thanks to the recession, I'm back to Ramen, pb&j, and back issues of Gourmet -- I let my subscription slide when my unemployment kicked in.
I feel sad that I never got to know this magazine and now I never really will. I've decided to pick up the last couple of issues to pay a little respect. Something that's inspired so many aspirations in so many people is worth paying attention to. Thank you for letting us know.
16 comments:
whole wheat toast, soynut butter, hot pepper jelly, and remembering gourmet magazine.
beautiful photo, and such a lovely little breakfast, hot pepper jelly and soynut butter sounds like a delicious combo.
have a wonderful Tuesday.
xo
Eliza
Love the Gourmet magazine in the back. Thank you!
I will truly miss Gourmet magazine :(
Gorgeous photo! Isn't it so sad about Gourmet? I don't know what my life will be like without it.
I love reading magazines and cookbooks at breakfast, so this shot is definitely one of my faves. Thanks!
mmmm peppery jelly.
the best!
xx,
Samantha
I started subscribing to Gourmet when I was 27 -- food went from being "a necessity" to "an event", something to plan for, to study, to appreciate (especially as I finally paid off my student loanm and could afford more than Ramen and pb&j).
Thanks to the recession, I'm back to Ramen, pb&j, and back issues of Gourmet -- I let my subscription slide when my unemployment kicked in.
Thank you for a beautiful, and poignant, blog.
Perfect.
Love you beautiful!
love this, such a cool/yummy sounding combo!
Gourmet, is my favorite..
have a great day
xo
maya
Nice homage to Gourmet, I'll miss finding it at my mailbox each month. Warm hugs from Spain
i thought it was marmalade!
check out my food show:
http://eviedong.spaces.live.com
I just learned about Gourmet... Sigh...
Awesomely beautiful tribute to Gourmet.
I love your blog!
I hate that they are closing down Gourmet, it doesn't make any sense..
I feel sad that I never got to know this magazine and now I never really will. I've decided to pick up the last couple of issues to pay a little respect. Something that's inspired so many aspirations in so many people is worth paying attention to. Thank you for letting us know.
Post a Comment